Apple has officially announced the iPhone XR in its annual keynote, here's everything you need to know. They also announced the iPhone XS and XS Max, if you want to find out more about them, head here.
- The iPhone XR features a notched 6.1-inch LCD display and Apple’s Face ID system.
- It offers a 1792 x 828 resolution at 326 PPI, featuring Apple’s True Tone technology.
- Unfortunately, the frame is aluminium, not stainless steel.
- There’s IP67 water and dust protection, instead of the improved IP68 rating on the iPhone XS, and the screen is LCD, not OLED.
- Apple's new Haptic touch system (no 3D Touch).
- The iPhone XR features Apple’s latest six-core A12 Bionic processor.
- It features a single rear 12-megapixel wide-angle camera.
- A front-facing 7-megapixel camera that allows for Face ID as well as features like portrait mode selfies, Animoji, and Memoji.
- Apple is promising up to an hour and a half longer battery than the iPhone 8 Plus.
- The XR also will come in a variety of colours including, black, white, blue, coral, yellow, and red.
- The iPhone XR starts at $749 for a 64GB model, with 128GB and 256GB models also available.
- Preorders will start on October 19th for the XR, which will ship a week later on October 26th.