Apple has announced its next generation of iPhones, the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. Here's everything you need to know. They also announced the iPhone XR, head here to find out about that.
- Both models include Apple's new six-core A12 Bionic processor.
- Better dynamic range, wider stereo sound from the speakers, and speed increases to Face ID.
- Water resistance has been improved on both models.
- The iPhone XS has a screen size of 5.8-inches.
- The iPhone XS Max has a huge screen size of 6.6-inches.
- Both phone cameras still have 12-megapixel, however, improvements have been made.
- Apple is introducing a new method called “Smart HDR”, which is basically normal HDR, just with more images stitched together.
- You can now manually control background blur with a slider in post-production.
- Dual SIM support so you are now able to use more than one plan.
- The XS gets an estimated 30 additional minutes of battery life and the XS Max gets an additional hour and a half.
- The phones will both come in three capacities: 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB.
- The 64GB configuration of the XS will sell for $999, the same as the iPhone X, and the 64GB XS Max will sell for $1,099.
- Preorders start Friday, with the phones shipping out September 21st.
- Both models will come in a choice of Gold, Silver, or Space Gray.