If you’ve ever wanted to download everything you’ve done on Instagram, you’ve now got the opportunity to do so. Instagram has released a feature that lets you download an archive of your account, including the photos and videos you’ve uploaded to the service, any Stories, comments you’ve made, instant messages and other data, all for you to download into one folder.
Want some exclusive content? Join the UltraLinx mailing list here.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Using your browser on your computer, go to instagram.com/download/request.
2. Type the email address where you’d like to receive your download link, then click ‘Next’.
3. Enter your Instagram password, then click ‘Request Download’.
4. You’ll then see a message confirming Instagram is creating a downloadable folder for you, and it may take up to 48-hours for it to be ready.
5. At some point (it only took 5 minutes for me) you’ll receive an email with a download link. From there you can download a zip folder that contains all your Instagram data. (Note: All .JSON files can be opened in a text editor).