As well as announcing all-new iMacs at WWDC 2017, Apple showed off iOS 11 packed with a few cool-looking features, here is everything you need to know about iPhone's upcoming iOS.
- Apple Pay now works within messages, meaning you can pay your friends or family easily.
- Messages now work with iCloud.
- Improvements have been made to Siri, with a new voice created by deep learning. It also will have translation capabilities.
- Apple’s Camera app is also doing better video and photo compression to optimize storage during capture without breaking sharing compatibility.
- Control Center in iOS 11 has been redesigned with a single page layout for the first two panels on iOS 10. 3D Touch is used to expand panels with related controls.
- The lockscreen and notification center will now work within one screen.
- Apple Maps has received an update that sees it integrate speed limits and lane guidance. Apple will also be incorporating detailed floor plans for malls across a handful of cities with more to come.
- Apple introduced a new feature called Do Not Disturb While Driving which is pretty self-explanatory.
- App Store has undergone a complete redesign.
- Other features not detailed include a redesigned Podcasts app, HomeKit occupancy and duration triggers, and iCloud family storage plans, iCloud file sharing, and Flashlight support on the 9.7-inch iPad Pro.
Overall, it's not the biggest yearly update we've seen from Apple, but the updates they have made are certainly well-needed. There are a host of other features specifically for iPad which Apple go into a bit more detail with on their blog. What do you think of the update?