As you may well know, Apple held their 'Hello Again' event today where it was widely known that they'd be revealing some all-new MacBooks, and they certainly didn't disappoint. Here's everything you need to know about the new 2016 MacBook Pro.
Don't miss out on UltraLinx-related content straight to your emails. Subscribe here.
- The new MacBook Pro comes in both 13 and 15 inch forms and is housed in an all-metal body and will be available in silver and space gray colour options.
- It has an OLED 'Touch Bar' at the top which is a multi-touch strip that replaces the function keys and is now able to control hundreds of different functions within all your apps.
- To the right of the Touch Bar is a Touch ID fingerprint authentication module which can be used to log in to your MacBook, and can be used for multi-user sign in.
- It's the thinnest and lightest MacBook Pro ever. The 13-inch MBP weighs 3 pounds and measures in at 14.9mm of thickness.
- It has a Force Touch trackpad which is 2x the size of the trackpad on the previous MacBook.
- The new display is 67 percent brighter, and consumes less power than before.
- The new 15-inch MacBook Pro has a quad-core Intel Core i7 processor and 2,133mHz memory, and the 13-inch has either Core i5 or i7 processors and Intel Iris Pro graphics.
- Both machines have four Thunderbolt 3 USB Type-C ports, any one of which can be used for charging (no more mag safe).
- The new MacBooks also have a 3.5mm headphone jack, but no SD card slots or other types of ports.
- Apple say that battery life for both models will be 'up to 10 hours'.
More info and images to follow. Let us know your thoughts on the new MacBooks in the comments below - a big enough upgrade from last year?