Apple started off their event in San Fransisco by accidentally tweeting the new features of the iPhone 7, nevertheless, they didn't disappoint with the actual announcement. Here's everything you need to know about Apple's newest handset:
- The newest iPhone will be water and dust resistant for the first time.
- There's an all-new design with the same colours as the iPhone 6S, plus new matte and jet black options.
- The new home button uses Apple's Taptic Engine which will now simulate the feeling of it being clicked and give it more capabilities.
- New 12MP camera with some incredible technical improvements to image stabilisation and f/1.8 aperture, and an all-new 7MP front-facing FaceTime camera.
- The iPhone 7 Plus will come with a 2nd 12MP camera to give 1x, 2x, 5x, and 10x zoom capabilities. One wide angle 28mm lens, and one 56mm telephoto lens.
- The iPhone 7's Retina display will be 25% brighter than the 6S with a wider colour gamut.
- There will now be stereo speakers integrated into the iPhone 7, twice the volume as before.
- There will be no headphone jack on the iPhone 7. However the Earpods that come with the iPhone will be Lighting connected, and there will be an adapter that comes packaged with the iPhone.
- Apple Pay will now be more widely available internationally.
- The new models will come with an all-new A10 Fusion CPU. 40% faster than the iPhone 6S.
- New 6-core GPU. 50% faster than the A9 chip in the previous model.
- The iPhone 7 will have the longest battery life ever in an iPhone. 2 more hours on average than the iPhone 6S.
- Both iPhone 7 models will come with the choice of 32GB, 128GB, and 256GB models.
- The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus will ship on September 16th. Pre-orders start September 9th.