After ten years of waiting, Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla, has revealed the car that he hopes will bring electric cars to the masses - the Model 3. We're going to cut out the riff-raff and tell you about the stuff that matters, so here's everything you need to know about the Tesla Model 3.
- The Tesla Model 3 will deliver 215 miles of range from one charge.
- Prices will start at just $35,000.
- Musk says: ""you will not be able to buy a better car for $35,000, even with no options." And it will be one of the safest cars in the world.
- Deliveries will begin at the end of 2017.
- Tesla have already taken more than 130,000 preorders - buyers only need $1000 deposit.
- The base car will do 0-60 mph in less than 6 seconds, with versions that go much faster.
- All Model 3 cars will include support for Tesla's high-speed Supercharging network.
- There's a 17-inch landscape touchscreen in every Model 3.
- Five adults will fit comfortably — "comfortably is the important part here," says Musk.
So they're the main points, what do you think of the Model 3? The future of electric cars? If you like it that much you can put your deposit down for one here. And as if that all isn't enough, that was only part 1 of the announcement: