We hear hundreds, even thousands of advertising messages on a weekly basis but how many of these do we actually remember? Not many. There have only been a handful of slogans that have managed to stick in our minds over the years. WatchMojo have compiled a list of the 10 most memorable advertising slogans that have changed the way people think and act.
Check out the video below. It’s good to see how the slogans have become so popular and some of the stories behind them, but if you don’t want to watch the whole video, we’ve made a list below. The list doesn’t contain some of the obvious slogans you’d immediately think about, but more ones that we’ve incorporated into our lives and we no longer actually think about as slogans.
10. MTV – “I want my MTV”
9. Maybelline – “Maybe it’s Maybelline”
8. Gillette – “The best a man can get”
7. EA – “EA Sports, it’s in the game”
6. Volkswagen Beetle – “Think small”
5. State Farm Insurance – “Like a good neighbour, State Farm is there.”
4. American Express – “Don’t leave home without it”
3. Partners of the City of Las Vegas “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas”
2. The De Beers Group – “Diamonds are forever”
1. Nike – “Just Do It”