Just two days ago Google announced Android L - the latest and the most polished version of Android up to date. However there is no solid date for the release.
If you own a Nexus 5 or Nexus 7 (2013), you can download and install the preview build of Android L with just a few clicks. Follow the guide below to learn how to get it on your device.
Note: This tutorial is only for those who have good developer knowledge and are comfortable with such procedures. Flashing the software will completely erase your device. Make sure to do a backup of all your data! UltraLinx takes no responsibility for any damage caused by following the instructions below. Proceed at your own risk.
1. Download a factory image for your device:
2. Unzip the file using any program of your choice and place it inside a new folder called "google" on your desktop.
4. If you're on Windows, install USB drivers.
5. Extract the contents of the ADB/Fastboot file inside the previously created "google" folder and make sure they are in the same folder as the factory image.
6. Enable debug mode on your device (Settings > Developer options >USB debugging) and connect it to your computer.
7. Open a new Terminal or Command Prompt window and navigate to the "google" folder on your desktop. Enter:
- adb reboot bootloader (Windows)
- ./adb reboot bootloader (Mac)
to access your device's bootloader. Alternative method to access the bootloader is to switch the device off and power it back on by pressing the Volume down and Power button simultaneously.
8. Enter the following command to run the installation script.
- flash-all or flash-all.bat (Windows)
- ./flash-all.sh (Mac)
9. That's it! After a minute or two your device should reboot to the awesome new Android L.