After months of waiting, months of grinding, ridiculous amounts of hacking, the Evasi0n team have released an untethered jailbreak for devices running iOS 7.
I've just tried the jailbreak on my retina iPad Mini and it's working perfectly.
As always, only jailbreak if you're completely comfortable with it. This is essentially hacking your iDevice so it is aimed at more technical users.
How To Jailbreak iOS 7 on iPhone and iPad
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.6 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- iTunes installed if you're running Windows
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
Important! Read Me!
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you'll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it's safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can't be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose 'Open.' On the ensuing dialogue box, choose 'Open' as well.
Make sure to check out our Cydia section for awesome Cydia tweaks and themes. We'll be updating regularly!
The jailbreak is now fully functional on A7 devices such as the iPhone 5S and iPad Mini. So you can now install tweaks and make full use of the jailbreak. However be sure to check if any tweaks you are going to install have been updated to work with iOS 7.