Siri has finally come out of BETA since the introduction of iOS 7. Apple rarely ever slap BETA on to anything, they like to deliver finished products. Now that Siri is out of BETA, it’s more powerful and faster than before. There are a huge list of things Siri can now do. Here are just some of the things Siri can do.
Please note, most of these are UK based. Some may not work in your country and US residents may have more commands.
- Call (name)
- Call (name) home
- Call (name) on his work phone
- Call (number)
- Call home
- Call 911
- Get my call history
- Facetime (name)
- Make Facetime audio call
- Launch photos
- Play Infinity Blade II
- Open Facebook
- Tell (name) I’ll be right there
- Send a message to (name)
- Send a message t0 (name) saying ‘How about tomorrow?’
- Send message to (number)
- Text (name) and (name), ‘where are you?’
- Set up a meeting at (time)
- Set up a meeting with (name) at (time)
- Meet with (name) at (time)
- Set up a meeting about (description & time)
- Move 3pm meeting to 4:30
- Reschedule appointment with (name) to (date)
- What does the rest of my day look like?
- What’s on my calendar?
- Cancel (event)
- When is my next appointment?
- Did (team name) win?
- How did (team name) do last night?
- What was the score last time (team name) played (team name)?
- Show me the football scores from last night
- When do (team name) play next?
- What does the Premier League table look like?
- Who is the highest goal scorer in the Premier League?
- Navigate to (destination)
- Navigate home
- Navigate to work
- Walking directions to (destination)
- What’s my next turn?
- Are we there yet?
- What’s my ETA?
- Find (place)
- Show me (place)
- Where is the closest (store)?
- Tweet (whatever you would like to tweet)
- Tweet (whatever you would like to tweet) with my location
- Search Twitter for (your search terms)
- Show me my tweets
- What’s trending on Twitter?
- Post to Facebook (whatever you would like to post)
- Where is my closest cinema?
- What’s playing at my closest cinema?
- Show me reviews for (film)
- Play (name of song)
- Play (artist)
- Play (album)
- Play (playlist
- Play iTunes Radio
- Play more songs like this one
- Don’t play this song again
- Add (whatever you want) to (name of list)
- Remind me to call (name) at (time)
- Remind me to take my medication at (time)
- Read my to-do list
- Remind me to call (name) when I get (destination)
- Email (name) about (whatever you like)
- New email to (name)
- Check email
- Any new emails from (name)
- Reply to (name)
- What’s the weather for today?
- What’s the weather for tomorrow?
- How’s the weather in (place)?
- What’s the weather for this evening?
- Is it windy?
- When is sunrise/sunset?
- Wake me up at (time)
- Set an alarm for (time)
- Turn off alarm
- Delete alarm
- What time is it in (place)
- What is today’s date?
- What’s the date this Saturday?
- Set time for five minutes
- Show timer
- Pause timer
- Resume timer
- What’s (name) address?
- What is (name) number?
- When is my wife’s birthday?
- Show (name)
- My mum is (name)
- My brother is (name)
- Call mum
- Note (whatever you’d like to note)
- Find meeting notes
- Show my notes from last week
- Read my last note
- Turn on airplane mode
- Turn on bluetooth
- Make screen brighter
- Go to Twitter settings
- Show me privacy settings
- Enable Wi-Fi
- Open mail settings
- Turn on Do Not Disturb
These are only a few of the commands available for Siri, there are a whole load more. If you know of any cool Siri commands, make sure to put them in the comments.