VLC have just released version 2.0 of their hugely popular video player for Mac and Windows. The open-source video player is one of the biggest out there and has a massive fan base.
For those who don't know what it is, it's basically a free video player which is able to play nearly any file you can think of. It can even stream content.
The new version has new features including:
- Faster decoding on multi-core machines, GPU and mobile hardware
- The ability to open more formats
- New rendering pipeline for video
- Higher quality subtitles
- New filters to enhance videos
- BluRay support
- New UI, mainly for the Mac
I've known VLC from really back in the day. Before I even knew how to operate a computer properly. It's a media player I've stuck with and use regularly purely because it simply works.