Twitter have just released some new updates to their mobile apps, specifically for iPhone and Android.
New Features In Both
- Swipe - A new swipe gesture has been added (blatantly copied from Tweetbot) which enables you to either reply, retweet, favourite, share, or view a users profile. Without having to leave the timeline.
- Find friends - This lets Twitter scan your address book to find friends. (This is something many apps and Apple have had a lot of scrutiny over because apps would access contact information without your permission)
iPhone Specific Updates
- Copy and paste text of tweets and user profiles. Simply hold on some text to copy.
- "Link love" - you can now copy, mail or choose links to read later (for example, add links to your Read It Later list)
- Direct messages UI has been updated
- You can also now change font size.
Android Specific Updates
- Now optimised to run on Ice Cream Sandwich. Also been updated to work on the Kindle Fire and is available on the Amazon Appstore. It will be coming to the NOOK Color and Tablet on 23rd of February