With the explosion of Social Media, businesses and brands have found a new way to advertise. Advertising through Social Media has a lot better ROI than most other types of advertising and can help build relationships between businesses and their customers. Building relationships with people fosters loyalty, as a result, loyalty has the potential to increase profit. From the infographic below there are a key points to which a business can benefit from having a fan base.
Benefits of having a fan base:
- 50% of small business owners reported that they gained new customers through social media.
- Ning, a social network platform, has found that it only takes 20 people to create an online community.
- 64% of Twitter users say they are more likely to buy from a brand if they already follow it. 51% said the same on Facebook.
How to grow your fan base:
- Define your target market.
- Get the tone right - once you know your target market, talk like them, think like them and act like them. You will build a better connection with customer then.
- Identify which types of engagement are effective.
- Look at it as a long-term investment - building a fan base through social media can take time.
- Keep it real, relevant and relaxed - don't post anything your fans aren't interested and don't overdo the posts or you'll just end up annoying them.
- Schedule updates with consistency - feeding info to your fans slowly will make them take it in better. Also they will know when to expect posts, making a routine - we as humans love routines.
- Monitor and measure - Take note of your growth and what your fans are interested. Once you find what they're interested in you can do it over and over, keeping them coming back.