Advertising is a massive market and there is a lot of money to be made in it. One company which knows this best is Google – in 2011 the search giant made a whopping $37.9 Billion and 96% of that came from advertising.
Where did Google make their money in 2011?
The top ten industries which brought in the most cash for Google:
- Finance and insurance = $4 billion
- Retailers and general merchandise = $2.8 billion
- Travel and tourism = $2.4 billion
- Jobs and education = $2.2 billion
- Home and garden = $2.1 billion
- Computers and consumer electronics = $2 billion
- Vehicles = £2 billion
- Internet and telecom = $1.7 billion
- Business and industrial = $1.6 billion
- Occasions and gifts = $1.2 billion