The long-awaited 16-inch MacBook Pro has finally been unveiled by Apple today, which promises to remove the gripes users had with the previous flagship 15-inch model and improve performance by 80%. Here’s what you need to know about the all-new 2019 16-inch MacBook Pro.
- The new MacBook Pro comes with a 16-inch Retina Display with a resolution of 3072×1920.
- It has a pixel density of 226 ppi, a brightness of 500 nits, and P3 wide color gamut.
- The keyboard has been vastly improved with a specially-designed, ultra-thin scissor mechanism with 1mm of travel and a new ‘stable feel’.
- The new keyboard now has a physical ‘ESC’ key and classic inverted-T arrangement for the arrow keys while also keeping the Touchbar and Touch ID.
- It comes with four Thunderbolt 3 USB-C connections (supporting up to two 6K displays) and a headphone jack.
- CPU options include the latest 9th-Gen Intel Core i7 and i9 processors, all the way up to the 2.4GHz 8‑core Core i9 with a Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz.
- RAM starts at 16GB and can be configured all the way up to 64GB. With storage starting at 512GB going all the way up to 8TB.
- Graphics-wise, it’ll come with an AMD Radeon Pro 5000M series graphics card with up to 8GB of onboard storage.
- The new MacBook Pro comes with the largest battery ever in a MacBook: 100Wh – sporting 11 hours of “web browsing or Apple TV app video playback.”
- You’ll have the choice of either Space Gray or Silver models.
- Prices will start at $2399 for the 13-inch model, and an eye-watering $2799 for the all-new 16-inch MacBook Pro.
Let us know what you think of the new 16-inch MacBook Pro in the comments. Find out more on Apple’s website.