DJI has released its most compact, portable drone to date, in the form of the Mavic Mini. Here’s what you need to know about the new palm-sized, foldable drone.
- DJI Mavic Mini features a 12MP 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor that can shoot 2.7K video at 30fps or 1080p video at up to 60fps.
- It weighs in at just 249g (0.55lb).
- It can deliver up to a 30 minute flight time on a single charge.
- 4km HD video transmission.
- Simplified recording with the new, hyper-intuitive DJI Fly app.
- It’s small enough that it falls below the FAA’s registration requirement and will likely be exempt from standard drone regulations
“New pilots can choose to fly in Position (P) mode for basic operation, more experienced pilots can unlock more capabilities in Sport (S) mode, and content creators can choose CineSmooth (C) mode to lengthen braking time for smoother shots and more cinematic footage,” explains DJI.
The DJI Mavic Mini is available to order starting today and will cost $400.
Check it out in the videos below.