A question which flies around a lot is “what controller is best for use on a Mac?”. The answer to that is actually very simple – a PS3 DualShock 3 controller.
Though Mac’s are awful at hardcore gaming, you’re better off with a PC. But a controller can be great for playing those games you’ll find in the Mac App Store such as the classic GTA San Andreas or Call of Duty Black Ops.
How To Set Up PS3 DualShock 3 Controller With Mac
- Your Mac will of course need to have Bluetooth and must be switched on.
- Connect your Controller to your Mac via USB cable.
- Hover over the Bluetooth icon in your taskbar and go to “Set Up Bluetooth Device”.
- You should find the controller listed there, click on it.
- It then may ask for a passcode, you can just put anything in there and it should connect.
If your controller doesn’t work following the procedure above, follow steps 1 and 2, then remove the USB cable and it may then connect.