Ever since Apple announced that there would be no YouTube app in the next version of iOS, iOS 6, Google have been working hard to get another YouTube app ready in time for the release of iOS 6 and iPhone 5.
The iPhone 5 is being announced tomorrow so it’s great timing on Google’s part on releasing the YouTube app the day before.
- Enjoy YouTube’s vast video catalog, including official music videos
- Find videos and channels more easily with voice search and query autocomplete
- Subscribe to channels and instantly access your subscriptions with the channel guide UI
- Read comments, browse related videos, enable subtitles and more – all while watching
- Easy video sharing to Google+, E-mail, Facebook and Twitter
From briefly using the app today I’ve got to say it blows the old YouTube app out of the water. It finally catches up to the Android version which has always been superior.
You can now watch music videos by VEVO. However people are saying that there are ads in the videos. I’ve actually yet to see any but that maybe because I’m in the UK.
The UI and UX is now a lot better with the swipe gestures now included to get around menus. The speed of the app is great too with content loading super quick.