This simple tutorial will show you how to install Windows 8 on any Mac, provided you have Parallels. You will need the latest version of Parellels for this to work. For those who don’t know what the program is, it lets you install other OS’ on your Mac but has them running in a window, so for example you can still have Mac OS running but then have Windows literally in another window on your desktop. Obviously you will need quite a powerful Mac for everything to run smoothly.
How To Install Windows 8 on Mac via Parallels
1. First you need to download Windows 8 from Microsoft’s site. You can go ahead and download it from here. If you’re going to use Windows on a regular basis I recommend downloading the 64bit version.
2. You need to open up Parallels. Once it’s loaded click on “File”, then “New”.
3. Then choose “Install Windows or another OS from DVD or image file”.
4. You should then be presented with the screen below. Hit the drop down menu and find the ISO file, that’s the Windows 8 file you downloaded earlier.
5. You’ll then be presented with this screen. Enter the product key - TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF.
6. You then have to choose the install location. It’ll choose your documents by default so leave it like that if you want it there.
7. It’ll then do the rest for you. It may take a while for everything to finish, took me around half an hour on my iMac 2011 base model.
Now enjoy playing with Windows 8!