The news of Google's Music service being brought hurtling out of beta with many added features has left a great number of people in the dark. That's right; typical Google has only released the service in the US, but luckily for you, we have a sneaky way around the barriers to allow you - wherever you are - to gain access to Google Music.
The Open Door to Google Music
In case you're interested, this bypass is made possible because, to verify the location of a user accessing Music, Google identifies their IP address then finds its location. Therefore, via a proxy or similar method, it is possible to fool Google into unlocking the doors to their Music kingdom. What makes this even easier is that Google only checks the IP address when you sign up so you can use the service normally after you're signed in.
How to Guide
On to the method:
- Go to the Tor Project website and download the Tor Browser Bundle
- Install the Tor Browser
- Open 'Start Tor Browser.exe' from the root of the self extracting folder
- Wait until 'Connected to the Tor Network!' is displayed in the window which opens
- Click 'View the Network'
- Right click the highest entry with an American flag in the list on the left of the window which pops up
- Select 'Copy' then 'Fingerprint' in the pop-up box
- Click 'Close'
- From the Tor launcher, navigate to Settings > Advanced > Edit current torrc
- Add the following lines of code into the text field of the pop-up window:
- ExitNodes [ctrl+v to paste fingerprint; remove dollar sign before digits]
- StrictExitNodes 1
That's everything set up! Next, save these settings and close Tor completely then restart it. When the Tor Browser appears, navigate to http://music.google.com and follow the sign-up process - just sign in and accept the terms.
Google Music for Android
Now you can freely uninstall Tor and access Google Music from your regular browser or smartphone. Don't forget to download the latest version of Google Music, 4.0.9, so you can play your music from your Android phone. Of course, because you're not in the US, you'll need to install the .apk file which we have handily hosted for you.